binutils & gdb5.3

Hi,
I want to build gdb5.3 and binutils (like gas and ld
dirs) together.

I downloaded bin utils as

cvs -z 9 -d :pserver:
anoncvs at sources dot redhat dot com:/cvs/src co binutils

and gdb5.3 as

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources dot redhat dot com:/cvs/src co
-r gdb_5_3-branch gdb+dejagnu

After seeing that some of the directories like bfd are
common, I have tried to get binutils also from
gdb_5_3-branch using

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at sources dot redhat dot com:/cvs/src co
-r gdb_5_3-branch binutils

But, I couldn't successfully get files under ld and
gas or gprof directories. It seems there may be no
files under these dirs. How can I avoid having to
build different versions of the same source files?
How to get binutils of gdb_5_3-branch ?

regards,
kiran