Resolving External References

Hello All,

I am using "ld" command to link 2 object files a.o and b.o
a.o has an external reference to function foo() defined in b.o

When I look at the objdump, it has resolved the external reference to
different address rather than that of foo().

Could anybody tell me why and how can this be solved.

Thanks in advance,
savi

"The greatest discovery of any generation is that human beings can alter
their lives by altering the attitudes of their minds." ---Albert Schweitzer,
humanist