Re: Why objcopy/strip doesn't accept wildcard when localize/keep/weaken symbols.

Hi Charles,

> So I read the source of object copy, and create a patch to add a new option
> '--wildcard' to 'objcopy'. That works
> for me now. :)  The patch should be applied to CVS tree of binutils.
>
> I think this feature is valuable so I sent it here and hope it can be useful
> for others.

Thank you very much for submitting this patch.  Unfortunately before
we can accept it, we would need you to complete a binutils copyright
assignment to the FSF.  I am attaching a form in case you wish to do
this.  If not, then your patch will remain in the mail archives so
other people should still be able to find it there.

Cheers
        Nick

request-assign.future:

Please email the following information to fsf-records at gnu dot org, and we
will send you the assignment form for your past and future changes.
Please use your full name as the subject line of the message.

[What is the name of the program or package you're contributing to?]

[Did you copy any files or text written by someone else in these changes?
Even if that material is free software, we need to know about it.]

[Do you have an employer who might have a basis to claim to own
your changes?  Do you attend a school which might make such a claim?]

[For the copyright registration, what country are you a citizen of?]

[What year were you born?]

[Please write your email address here.]

[Please write your snail address here.]

[Which files have you changed so far, and which new files have you written
so far?]