Re: Why doesn't this assemble for elf but does for pe?

Thanks, but I want this toolchain to build on cygwin, and files are missing if I try to build for linux-gnu
And so I can't compile for that target. Where is this behaviour set. I have the sources.

sps

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

"Stephen P. Smith" <ischis2@cox.net> writes:

It looks like no matter what I do below, the / functions as a comment
character. $ i686-pc-elf-as --version

Yes, by default an i386 ELF assembler uses '/' as a comment character, for SVR4 compatibility.

This is disabled if you configure for, e.g., i686-linux-gnu, or for
other free operating systems.  In those cases, '/' is a comment
character only at the start of a line.

Ian