Re: [rfa] FRV input files

cagney wrote:

> Red Hat has given me the authority to contribute these FRV files to
> the FSF.

Did you receive instructions to change the license too?

> Since src/cpu/ is part of binutils, I applied the standard binutils
> licence (which turned out to be the GPL).

That's not necessarily appropriate.  The original licenses were fine,
and more useful for some purposes, like dje outlined.

> This is part of the very slow and very long term goal of cleaning up
> GDB's src/sim directory.

Please publish your plans, so one can tell what possible relationship
this has to that.

(And BTW, until cgen is taught to scan src/cpu in addition to
src/cgen/cpu for input models, this rearrangement will make dual
maintenance necessary on the unused new and the used old variants of
these files.)

- FChE