Re: importing another file into top-level include directory?

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

>> This discussion reminds me that I'd like to import include/filenames.h
>> into the gcc CVS.  It would replace a bunch of xm-*.h gunk.  That file
>> is listed as "part of BFD, the Binary File Descriptor library" -- does
>> that raise any issues?  I don't anticipate needing to make any changes
>> to the file; gcc already uses all the same macro names.
>
> I think people have suggested this before, and it's just waiting for
> someone to actually do the work.  However, given all the recent talk
> about libiberty copyright notices, I don't know what to do about that
> part.

I need it this week, so I'm prepared to do the legwork.  It seems to
me that the precise licensing of that file shouldn't matter to
including it unmodified in another GNU project.  I don't need it in
anything that isn't under the straight GPL.

zw