Tarball of contributed tool (gcc, gdb, binutils) modifications.

I'm pleased to announce that we've released a tar file containing
our contributed tools modifications, at the URL:

http://sibyte.broadcom.com/public/download/sbtools/sbtools-cross-src-2.7.6.tgz

The changes to the GCC, GDB, and binutils components in that file were
made by (in no particular order): Ed Satterthwaite, Kip Walker, Mitch
Lichtenberg, Justin Carlson, and Tito Autrey, and myself.

All of our changes to the above-mentioned packages have been assigned
to the FSF.  Note that there are other sources in that file which are
not part of those packages (and which have not been assigned to the
FSF).  Therefore, to be clear, our contributed changes can be found in
the directory trees:

        systemsw/tools/src/gcc
        systemsw/tools/src/gdb
        systemsw/tools/src/binutils

in the tar file.  The file contains complete sources (rather than
diffs), based on the following versions of the tools:

        gcc 3.2.3
            (from CVS :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/gcc,
            module 'gcc', tag gcc_3_2_3_release)

        gdb (w/insight) 5.2.1
            (from CVS :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src,
            module 'insight', tag gdb_5_2_1-2002-07-23-release)

        binutils 2.13.2.1
            (from CVS :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/src,
            module 'binutils', tag binutils-2_13_2_1)

This message is a notice for contribution purposes only; I don't
expect y'all to consider this as a submission for inclusion of those
sources verbatim in the master source trees.

My expectation is that, over time, we'll be submitting all of the
important patches piece-wise (as we have been doing over the last
couple of years).  However, if some of you are interested in
extracting patches from that tarball you're welcome to do so.  If you
are interested in doing that, send me some mail and I can point you at
low-hanging and/or juicy fruit.

Enjoy!

Chris
--
Chris Demetriou                                            Broadcom Corporation
                Principal Design Engineer, Broadband Processors