Re: Removal of VAX/VMS support

Hi Douglas,

> My interest in this issue is that I have a bunch of  EVAX BFD (and GAS)
> patches I'd like to check in, all originating from before VAX BFD was merged
> in with the EVAX BFD.  It would be easier to do the merge if I didn't have
> to worry about the VAX code.

Umm, well I doubt if we will actually be deleting the VAX/VMS coed
right away.  Much more likely is that the port will be labeled as
being obsolete and then *after* the next major release of binutils
(2.15, due end of the year maybe), if no-one has complained, it will
be removed.

So if you want to contribute your patch now I think that you are going
to have to work around the old, rotted, vax/vms code.

Cheers
        Nick