Re: bfd_find_nearest_line function name return isn't mangled ?

Hi John,

>> It's not actually standard DWARF2 or DWARF3, and it's going away anyway.
>> The proper way to construct, from DWARF2 info, the scoped method name,
>> arguments, and return value is to walk the DIE tree, and paste the
>> parts together, not to depend on DW_AT_mips_linkage_name.
>
> Is there any hope of libbfd doing this then ?

Only if someone volunteers to write the necessary code.  (I am not
volunteering since I am swamped with other things at the moment).

> The current return value from bfd_find_nearest_line() is
> particularly misleading. I think it's reasonable to call it a bug,
> even if it lies in binutils and not gdb.

I would suggest that the best thing to do, if you do not want to fix
the bug yourself, is to submit a testcase that can be added to the
linker or binutils testsuite.  That way we will be reminded that this
bug exists and that it needs to be fixed.

Cheers
        Nick