Re: redhat 9 seg fault app. 7.3 works fine

Jerry Geis <geisj@pagestation.com> writes:

> I mainly use redhat 7.3 things work fine.
> I want to switch to redhat 9 but after recompiling everything
> and relinking (all seemed to go well) and running my app it
> seg faulted.
>
> I installed gcc295 on redhat 9 as commercial libraries forced
> me to use 295 not gcc3.2. That is fine with me.
>
> The commercial libraries use dynamic linking. So I am wondering
> what the difference is between the to linkers for 7.3 and redhat 9?
>
> The seg fault is see is related to the dynamic linking.
>
> ANy help is appreciated.

You didn't provide enough information to help you.  Sorry.  Here are
some notes on how to report bugs in the linker:
    http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/docs-2.12/ld.info/Reporting-Bugs.html#Reporting%20Bugs

Note that the dynamic linker (ld.so, and dlopen et. al.) is not part
of the binutils.  The dynamic linker is part of glibc.

Ian