Re: No more snapshots?

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> writes:

> > I believe that the snapshots broke when Daniel regenerated configure
> > using autoconf 2.57.  I haven't looked into it in the hopes that it
> > was related to the other problems he saw.
>
> I couldn't think why this would have happened, so I tried building a
> snapshot.  It worked OK.  So it must be something else?
>
> The snapshot process involves "./configure sparc-sun-sunos4.1.1" in
> what is probably an attempt to be host-neutral.  Oddly, I believe that
> this will continue to work even with the new autoconf...

Grumble, I guess I'll actually have to do some work.

Snapshots aren't just built ad hoc, they use a particular script.
That script is failing.  I just looked into it, and it's failing
because the code which sets the version number of the snapshot to the
current date is breaking because the format of the newly generated
gas/configure file has changed slightly.

I fixed the script to accommodate the new format, and I'm building a
snapshot now.

Ian