Re: PATCH: Support ia64-hpux in binutils

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003, H. J. Lu wrote:
> readelf test is the part of tests for src/binutils, which covers
> everything execpt for as, gprof and ld, and doesn't use linker at all.

I see you're right: none of the binutils test use the linker.
The test I had in mind was in the ld testsuite and I can't find
any other.

> is_elf_format under src/binutils/tests is for src/binutils only. Am I
> missing something?

Not that I can see.  Well, maybe that binutils tests for EXEC
files are missing; I can't see a reason not to test binutils
operations on linked files within the binutils testsuite.
Indeed it's just laziness that I put mmo objcopy tests in the ld
testsuite.

Thanks.

brgds, H-P