ELF file consists of several object files, what part in ELF comes from what ELF file?

Hi,

i have some questions regarding ELF files, hope
i'm right here.

In the office we generate software releases for
embedded control units regularly.
Now we'd like to get some statistics from the ELF
file abaout our software.  I already wrote a C++
class that can read an ELF executable and interpret
some infos in it.

The ELF file is linked together from several object
files.  I'd like to know what part of the .text section
came from which object file.  Also, .data and .bss
are of interest.

Is there a portable way to get this information
from the ELF file?

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten.