Re: bug-binutils@gnu.org

Paul Fisher <rao@gnu.org> writes:

> "Ian Lance Taylor via RT" <sysadmin@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > I think it might be best for us to have a separate mailing list
> > bug-binutils@gnu.org, with bug-gas@gnu.org and bug-gnu-as@gnu.org as
> > aliases.  Full spam blocking should be activated for the new mailing
> > list.
>
> Done.

Anybody who is inclined to read user bug reports and fix user bugs
should join the new mailing list.  Go to
    http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-binutils
to join.  Or send a ``subscribe'' to bug-binutils-request@gnu.org.

This list has been created to with me as the administrator and the
only moderator.  That's fine with me.  I'll complain if the burden
gets too high.

On the other hand, if anybody wants to volunteer to be a list
moderator, send a message to me and the binutils list.  I'd prefer to
restrict this to people with some binutils history.  Being a moderator
basically means approving postings from people who are not on the
list--i.e., pretty much everyone who submits a bug report.  The list
is moderated as a final spam blocking measure.  So far I've seen five
postings, of which two were real and three were spam.  The more list
moderators we have, the faster postings will flow through to the
mailing list.

Also, let me and the binutils list know if you want to be a list
administrator.  I think this should be restricted to binutils
maintainers.  There's no special reason to have many list
administrators, as there isn't much for the list administrator to do
after the initial setup which I have done.

Ian