Re: as & readelf "Error: Cannot stat input file no.elf" style message

Great, thank you Nick.

Kind regards

JG

Thanks - I have applied this patch with a few modifications:

  * I moved the stat() code into bucomm.c and then called this
    function from the other files in the binutils/ directory.  This
    reduced code duplication.

  * I divided the ChangeLog up into separate entries for the
    binutils, gas and ld directories.

  * I added code to detect and complain about directories being given
    as a filename.

Cheers
Nick