Re: Agreement has been assigned. Recommit the patch about wildcardsupport for objcopy.

Hi Charles,

> I have assign the binutils copyright agreement, the agreement number is
> 31857.
>
> Now I recommit the patch of the objcopy to support wildcard. This
> patch is regenerated according to the latest source updated from the
> CVS of binutils, so there should be no difficulties to apply it.

Thank you very much for informing me of this and including an updated
patch.  I have applied the patch with a few improvements:

  * I created a ChangeLog entry for the patch.

  * I add documentation of the new feature to binutils/NEWS and
    binutils/doc/binutils.texi.

  * I added a new dependency for objcopy.c in Makefile.am.  It now
    also depends upon fnmatch.h.  I also regenerated the Makefile.in
    file.

  * I fixed up the formatting of the code to conform to the GNU
    standards.

Cheers
        Nick

binutils/ChangeLog
2003-11-11  Wang Li  <charles@linux.net.cn>

	* objcopy.c (wildcard): New variable.  True if wildcard pattern
	matching is allowed in symbol names.
	(strip_options): Add -w option to enable wildcard pattern
	matching.
	(copy_options): Likewise.
	(copy_usage): Mention new switch.
	(strip_usage): Likewise.
	(is_specified_symbol): If performing wildcard matches use fnmatch
	to compare symbol names with entries on the symbol list.
	(strip_main): Accept -w switch.
	(copy_main): Likewise.
	* Makefile.am: Add dependency on fnmatch.h for objcopy.c
	* Makefile.in: Regenerate.
	* doc/binutils.texi: Document new switch.
	* NEWS: Mention new switch.