Re: I need help getting QNX MIPS support working

Hi Jeff,

> I'm at the point now where I'm fairly certain everything works but
> dynamic linking.

You might want to submit the code in this state then, in the hopes
that this will then enable other developers to build the mips-qnx port
and maybe even help find the dynamic linking problem.

> The problem that I'm having is that no information is being added to
> the .got section.

> I know the problem revolves around this code somehow but I'm
> basically taking shots in the dark to figure out how.

This looks like MIPS magic to me, so I am not going to be of much help
to you. :-(

> + #define USE_REL 1               /* MIPS uses REL relocations instead of RELA */

I am a little bit worried about this.  Does this apply to *all* MIPS
ELF ports or just the QNX one ?

> +   /* This will make sure that the dynamic object is put into the GOT.  */
> +   if (h->got.offset == MINUS_ONE)
> +     h->got.offset = 1;

This is very similar to the code in mips_elf_record_global_got_symbol()
so I would guess that you are doing the right thing here.  Maybe. :-)

Cheers
        Nick