Re: [BUG] Regression in 2.14.90 (relative to 2.13.90)

Hi Daniel, Hi HJ

>> Is there a way to tell GDB that a particular line table entry is
>> invalid ?  Or is the linker supposed to delete such entries entirely
>> from the line table ?
>
> I believe the latter.  Can anyone see a use of line table entries which
> do not correspond to used code?  I can't think of an example.

HJ - what is the reason behind your patch to preserve as much debug
info as possible ?  It seems that including this information is what
it causing the problem, and ideally what we ought to be doing is
discarding .gnu.linkonce sections containing debug info, rather than
retaining them.

Cheers
        Nick