Re: arm-wince-pe support resurrection

Nick,

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Nick Clifton wrote:

> The PE spec mandates the section flags for quite a few sections, not
> just the ones you covered.  So how about this alternative patch
> (attached) ?  Would you mind trying it out and letting me know if it
> works ?

Yes, it works fine, (at least for .text, .data, .rdata, and .bss
sections my object file has).

> > Although there could be still a source of possible problem --
> > alignment is not set inside the section flags by bfd.
>
> Hmm - since at the moment we do not appear to be setting the alignment
> for any sections adding the necessary flags in would probably not
> hurt.  I wonder if we can deduce the alignment based on the target ?
> I suspect that 4byte alignment is going to be the default for the
> .text section of most targets, so we may be able to just set that
> along with the other flags and then only modify if necessary for
> individual targets.

This sounds reasonable.
In fact, you may consider it as a TODO item for future.
Up to now I had no problems with zero alignment flags, so currently
this is not a high priority issue for me.

...Bye..Dmitry.