Re: Fix the .align bug with unwind info

On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 11:36, H. J. Lu wrote:
> My current approach works fine. The only things which don't work are
> variable space allocation and variable location counter advance. The
> assembler will issue an error when it sees them. Since both approaches
> have limitations, which one should we prefer?

Actually, you have it emitting a warning for a variable space
allocation.  It isn't clear to me if that is useful.  Maybe it should be
an error as you said?  I think there a chance of getting an assertion
failure in ia64_convert_frag after this warning.  Since this can't work
always, it is perhaps better to give an error here rather than pretend
that it might work sometimes.

I think you are right that my suggested solution doesn't have any
significant advantage over yours.  Mine would be a larger patch, and
wouldn't provide enough extra features to make the extra work
worthwhile.

Your patch looks OK to me, though I think you should consider changing
the variable space allocation to be an error instead of a warning.