Re: PATCH: Skip ia64 for ld-selective

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:37:04PM -0800, Jim Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-01-06 at 22:20, Alan Modra wrote:
> > It probably depends on the version of dejagnu used, but I find
> > that setup_xfail doesn't hide ERROR results.  Hmm, do you have an
> > ia64 c++ compiler in your path?
>
> No, I just did a quick cross binutils build with a cross gcc.  If we
> need a cross compiler for this one, then I wasn't looking at the right
> output.

Yes, you need a c++ compiler.

# If we don't have g++ for the target, mark all tests as untested.
if { [which $CXX] == 0 } {
    foreach testitem $seltests {
	untested "[lindex $testitem 0]"
    }
    return
}

I tested the need for HJ's patch by adding i?86*-linux to the list
of xfails and introducing a bogus asm to 1.cc.  My results were:

ERROR: /src/binutils-current/ld/testsuite/ld-selective/1.c: compilation failed
XPASS: selective2
XPASS: selective3
XPASS: selective4
XPASS: selective5

# of expected passes            190
# of unexpected successes       4
# of expected failures          1
# of unresolved testcases       1

The failure I introduced bumped the unresolved count.  The worrying
thing for users is that big ERROR, which is why I think setup_xfail
isn't sufficient for selective.exp tests.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre