Re: [discuss] --with-sysroot required when building 32->64 bit crosstoolchain? (was: building a cross-compiler is hard)

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 02:54:36PM -0800, Daniel Kegel wrote:
> http://www.x86-64.org/lists/bugs/msg00865.html also
> mentions this problem, but doesn't have a solution.

http://www.x86-64.org/lists/bugs/msg00877.html

represents my best effort at a solution.  Although I wasn't very clear
about this in the message, that compiler is capable of building running
executables.

Note that this winds up using certain debian patches and sources (though
not the debian build procedure).  If you'd like, I can provide any or
all of the files I used there.  I'm sure that some of the patches I used
are irrelevant, but they seem to be a part of the solution.

Note also that the problem I reported in that message appears to not be
specific to the compiler I built -- I get exactly the same problem when
I use a complete 64 bit toolchain I downloaded from suse.  I imagine
it's something in my kernel .config, but I've not tried to isolate
that.

I hope this helps,

--
Raul