Problem using --wrap flag with stat/lstat functions

Hello binutils,
        I'm having a problem using the --wrap flag of ld to provide a wrapper for the
GNU libc's stat and lstat functions. In C, everything works nicely, but in optimized
C++ code, the compiler inlines stat and lstat, and my wrappers no longer get called.
Short of providing wrappers for the functions called by the inlined stat and lstat,
is there a way around this problem?

Thanks,
Daniel

--
Daniel Myers
Laboratory of Dr. Michael P. Cummings
Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
University of Maryland
Agri/LFSc Surge Building #296
College Park, MD 20742-3360
dmyers@umiacs.umd.edu
301.405.1262 work
http://serine.umiacs.umd.edu/personnel/myers_daniel/
-
"Think of your breed; for brutish ignorance / Your mettle was not made; you
were made men / To follow after knowledge and excellence."
As if I also was hearing for the first time: like the blast of a trumpet,
like the voice of God. For a moment I forget who I am and where I am.
--Primo Levi, Survival in Auschwitz