Re: FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

David Daney wrote:

Meg Abyte wrote:

 I have compile the GNU GCC tools for the Motorola MCORE
microprocessor on a RH
linux system. However, when I make the executabel (.s19) using the
GNU linker, it
produces it in a DOS file format. Meaning the file has carriage
return and line feed. I then have to go and strip this out to ONLY
contain just the line feed.

 Is there an option or way to get the linker to not create this
file in a DOS format?

How about this patch?

I don't have CVS write access, but my copyright assignments are on file, so feel free to commit it yourselves if you like.

David Daney.

I guess the patch will not change how the linker works, but it fixes my main problems with objcopy. It seems that someone could add a command line parameter to the linker to do the same thing.

David Daney