Re: FW: Re: Why is my executabel in DOS file format?

David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com> writes:

> I guess the patch will not change how the linker works, but it fixes
> my main problems with objcopy.  It seems that someone could add a
> command line parameter to the linker to do the same thing.

Yes, getting linker support too is a reason to create a new BFD target
vector, as I was thinking originally.

I don't particularly like objcopy --srec-len or --srec-forces3
either.  But I suppose it's better than nothing.

Maybe we need an interface for target specific options, like objdump
-M for the disassembler?  Hmmm.

Ian