Re: Where can I get a good a.out documentation?

Coywolf Qi Hunt <coywolf@greatcn.org> writes:

> linux still support a.out.

That is probably true, although I hope that it doesn't still support
a.out shared libraries.

> I thought a.out is much simpler, so it would be easy to study.
> Unfortunately, a.out isn't well documented.

On the other hand, ELF is well documented, and is therefore easier to
study for that reason.

If you ignore shared libraries, ELF isn't significantly more
complicated than a.out.  If you include shared libraries, ELF is
simpler than a.out.

Ian