Thank you very much for your fast reply. Would you tell me where I can find a full set of defination to "--target=" option for both the GNU assembler, and the GNU debugger?

And I have another foundamental question. Since I have just built on the traditional i686 linux host, using the same config option, the ppc targeted binutiles and gdb. They seem to work well. Would you tell me whether they are what is so named "cross tools"?

Chen

On Fri, 19 Mar 2004 15:11:08 -0000
 "Dave Murphy" <wintermute2k4@ntlworld.com> wrote:
you need powerpc64-ibm-eabi for 64bit support

-----Original Message-----
From: binutils-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:binutils-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
quchen@infinito.it
Sent: 19 March 2004 13:42
To: binutils@sources.redhat.com
Subject: newbie question: Assembler PPC 64 support?

Hi everyone,
I am a new guy to this list. I compiled the binutils by the config option --target=powerpc-ibm-eabi
I tried out the two example assmber files listed here:http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/l-ppc/ However, hello-ppc64.s has a couple of assemble error, which make me feel that the cross-assembler does not like the 64-bit syntax by IBM. (The hello-ppc.s works well)
Could anyone tell me whether this 64-bit implementation is supported by as in the current version binutils-2.14?
Thank you very much!
Chen
Connessione ed e-mail gratuita da 10 mb
consultabile tramite web e tramite pop.