RE: newbie question: Assembler PPC 64 support?

I'm not sure that there's a full list for binutils anywhere. Perhaps someone
else on the list knows? There is a list for GCC -
http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html

> And I have another foundamental question. Since I have
> just built on the traditional i686 linux host, using the
> same config option, the ppc targeted binutiles and gdb.
> They seem to work well. Would you tell me whether they are
> what is so named "cross tools"?

any of the tools built where the host differs from the target are "cross
tools"

this link - http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/FAQ.html - has lots of useful
information on the subject.

Dave