RE: Failure with include on Sun, Solaris2.9 with G++

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

Thank you.  I thought this was the right thing to do because I have
been bitten by not doing this in the past.  Indeed, "Open Source
Development with CVS" suggests putting "update -d -P" in the .cvsrc
file, which I had not done, and now won't :-)   I take it that the
reason this is different for binutils is the paragraph in README:

<quote reformmatted="true">
If you are receiving this as part of a GDB release, see the file
gdb/README.  If with a binutils release, see binutils/README;  if
with a libg++ release, see libg++/README, etc.  That'll give you
info about this package -- supported targets, how to use it, how to
report bugs, etc.
</quote>

i.e there can be so many things associated with it that there will
be other directories in there.  I did some more reading about cvs
last night and understand this much better than I did.

The (sub)thread "cvs checkout and build of binutils"  seems to
suggest that I should be using checkout only.  Is it worth putting
this in the README, or even adding a README-cvs about this?  The
only mention of cvs update I see in the tree is src/gdb/CONTRIBUTE.

>     cheers,
>       DaveK

        Thank you,
        Hugh