Re: Problem with linker with binutils-040414

Hi Daniel,

the call to bfd_archive_filename cores. If I have that method return 0 if abfd is null, it no longer core dumps.

This is definitely a good thing to do. The BFD library should never core dump.

Let me know if more information is needed. I cannot send the libraries and stuff that are involved.

Without a test case we a re not really going to be able to do much to help you. But if you are able to build the linker yourself then you could do the debugging for us. I recommend investigating elf_link_add_object_symbols() to find out why the variable old_bfd is NULL. For example, what is the type of h->root.type ?

Cheers
 Nick