Re: Problem with linker with binutils-040414

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 02:20:42PM +0100, Nick Clifton wrote:
> BFD is a library, and it should not dictate error handling policy to its
> users.

Well, since I made bfd_archive_filename a publicly available interface
when I added the function, I guess I can't argue against this.  If
bfd_archive_filename was a private function (which possibly it should
be), then it would be more reasonable to argue that all internal uses
will provide a non-NULL bfd argument, and a NULL bfd is a sign of an
internal error.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre