Re: m68k (elf) gas dwarf problem

Alan Modra wrote:

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 05:08:59PM -0500, Joel Sherrill wrote:

It compiles now but I would like to understand the case above.

I confess I saw the error message, looked at your testcase, and
completely missed the fact that you were emitting to .data.  However,
it seems like gas -gdwarf2 emits line information for .data, and the
same address scaling applies for the whole compilation unit.  So the
gas error message is misleading.

OK. This makes sense. The message didn't help at all though since it always pointed to the last line of the file and says text section even when it could only be a data problem.

Is this worthy of filing a PR on?

--jole