Re: SEGV but no core

"Banibrata Dutta" <dutta@india.hp.com> writes:

> could someone explain as to why i am not getting a core due to the SEGV
> received by the application. i've checked my ulimit, and that is unlimited.

There are a few other possibilities.  None of them have anything to do
with the GNU binutils.  You should ask on another list, probably one
related to whatever operating system you are running.

Two possibilities which come to mind: you are running a setuid
program, or you don't have write access to the working directory.

Ian