Re: fallout from decimal sh_info readelf patch

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 06:59:36PM -0400, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> And while I'm here, please people, please avoid changing the
> default output or output of common options for binutils
> programs.  Make changes depend on some new non-default option.

Sometimes, I think a change to default output is worth the pain of
updating the testsuite.

Incidentally, if we ever implement Roland's suggestion,
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/binutils/2003-04/msg00435.html
to do away with dynamic section symbols, we'll be up for a lot more
pain than HJ's fix..  In fact, it's probably the thought of all the
testsuite changes that has stopped anyone making the change.  Besides
reducing symbols, doing without section symbols would also allow
removal of unused sections at a later stage in the link process.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre