Re: Adding a MIPS hardware bug work-around to GAS...

Hi Steven,

I am trying to work-around a hardware bug

Note that in general patching software to work around a hardware bug is a bad idea. Hardware designers should always be encouraged to thoroughly test their designs before releasing them. In the real world of course patching the software is often a lot cheaper than fixing the hardware so this kind of thing does happen. *sigh*

I think that the proper solution is to place the work-around
inside of GAS.

I just could not
find a nice way in the MIPS .md file for GCC to do this. Thoughts?

There is already a precedent for doing this. See the code for the -mfix-vr4120 in gas/config/tc-mips.c for an example.

Cheers
  Nick