Re: parallelized 'ld'?

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:09:53PM -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
>  Plus, if anyone is
> relying on the order of items in a HASH TABLE, then IMHO they deserve
> to get broken.

I raised the particular issue of duplicate entries, not the general
case.  We currently rely on duplicate entries being adjacent.  That's
not so unreasonable, and your patch doesn't change that.  Keeping
duplicates in the same order is a restriction that we currently don't
need, but it might be useful in future.  You also might find that my
tweak to your code speeds up hash table expansion..

I'm not particularly fussed though, and should have made it clear that I
wasn't objecting to that part of the patch, but merely commenting.

--
Alan Modra
IBM OzLabs - Linux Technology Centre