Re: [patch] MIPS: Incorrect calculation for R_MIPS_LO16 relocs

I didn't understand this discussion particularly well, but let me
toss in an example I just spotted in GCC 3.4.1 RC1 output:

	.loc 1 93 0
	lw	$16,%got(utfile)($28)
	lw	$5,%got($LC0)($28)
	lw	$25,%call16(fopen)($28)
	addiu	$4,$16,%lo(utfile)
	jalr	$25
	addiu	$5,$5,%lo($LC0)

According to comments in the bfd sources, a %got is treated much like
a %hi.  So what I see here is two %lo operations that are each paired
with a %hi (%got) but the matching one is NOT the immediately
preceding one.

Is this legal?  Is this what the discussion is about?  Will the
current toolchain handle it correctly?

	paul