This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: Need help on OVERLAY command in linker script...
- From: Jie Zhang <zhangjie at magima dot com dot cn>
- To: Tao Zhang <zhangtao at cc dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:53:58 +0800
- Subject: Re: Need help on OVERLAY command in linker script...
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <40E24615.email@example.com> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
sections? Why does it do that particularly to overlay sections rather than
picking up an existing one?
I don't know clearly. The map_sections_to_segments () in elf.c just does
this way. The overlay sections have different relations of their VMA and
LMA, and ld will not put them in the same segment.