This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH mingw32 pe Handle weak symbols (updated)
- From: Christopher Faylor <me at cgf dot cx>
- To: "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaron98wiridge9 at aaronwl dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 12:11:26 -0400
- Subject: Re: PATCH mingw32 pe Handle weak symbols (updated)
- References: <40E68090.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
[Reply-To set to binutils list]
On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 04:46:56AM -0500, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
>I'm resubmitting this patch for weak symbols under PE. It has an
>important bug fix regarding relocations to weak symbols in the same
>section that I missed the first time around. I have also completed the
>copyright assignment procedure so there should be no further barriers on
>2004-07-04 Aaron W. LaFramboise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * bfd/cofflink.c (_bfd_coff_generic_relocate_section): Resolve
> PE weak externals properly.
> * src/gas/config/obj-coff.c (obj_coff_weak): New .weak syntax for
> PE weak externals.
> * binutils/doc/binutils.texi (nm): Clarify weak symbol description.
> * gas/config/tc-i386.c (tc_gen_reloc): Use addend for weak
> symbols in TE_PE.
> * gas/doc/as.texinfo (Weak): Document PE weak symbols.
> * ld/ld.texinfo (WIN32): Document PE weak symbols.
I've applied the above after splitting the ChangeLogs into their appropriate
location. I also had to do some minor formatting tweaks to adhere to GNU
standards for indentation.