This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gprof cleanups
- From: Ben Elliston <bje at au1 dot ibm dot com>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 09 Jul 2004 14:26:58 +1000
- Subject: Re: gprof cleanups
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Ian Lance Taylor <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I don't understand the point of this loop either before or after your
> patch. Doesn't it just duplicate work down by the loop just a few
> lines up?
> for (sp = &default_excluded_list; *sp; sp++)
> sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_TIME);
> sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_GRAPH);
> sym_id_add (*sp, EXCL_FLAT);
I finally got around to looking at this and I agree with you. I'll
submit a proper patch next week that removes the duplicated code.