This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
RE: Emails bouncing warning
- From: Marcin Konicki <ahwayakchih at neoni dot net>
- To: Dave Murphy <wintermute2k4 at ntlworld dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:51:36 +0200
- Subject: RE: Emails bouncing warning
- References: <INEKJJILJLMPDJPJFMPGMEDIFBAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> if you can you should configure your smtp to just blackhole the spam
> (i.e. just ignore it and pretend it never arrived). If not ask your ISP
> if they can blackhole it.
> Bouncing mails from servers is one of the tricks spammers use to hide
> the origin of the mails
Thank You. I've changed settings from "inform about not existing mail
address" to "ignore".