This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: gas, sparc, dwarf2, and R_SPARC_(UA)64
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:41:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: gas, sparc, dwarf2, and R_SPARC_(UA)64
- References: <200406241801.i5OI12lV015833@greed.delorie.com> <40EEC13C.email@example.com> <20040709134618.GL5191@sunsite.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
2004-07-09 Nick Clifton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* config/tc-sparc.c (cons_fix_new_sparc): Always use unaligned
versions of the relocs
This relies on the linker converting unaligned relocs to aligned ones
if the object is aligned.
GNU ld does this, but I'm not sure about Sun ld (especially when
UA16/UA64 relocs are relatively new).
Hmm - so perhaps this change should be controlled by a command line
switch ? It would be off by default but set by GCC when it knows that
it has been configured for a SPARC with a GNU LD present ?