This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: PATCH pecoff mingw32 dlltool: Add option to create external aliasesof DLL imports.
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronrabiddog51 at aaronwl dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 18:15:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: PATCH pecoff mingw32 dlltool: Add option to create external aliasesof DLL imports.
- References: <40F0F0E9.firstname.lastname@example.org>
2004-07-09 Aaron W. LaFramboise <email@example.com>
* binutils/dlltool.c (ext_prefix_alias): New global variable.
(make_one_lib_file): Add aliases with prefixes for external
and import definitions.
(usage): Document -p option.
(long_options): Add --ext-prefix-alias option.
(main): Handle -p.
Approved and applied. Note - there is a ChangeLog in the binutils/
directory so I have moved the above entry there.
I fixed one bug and made two additions. The bug was that you had not
added "p:" to the string passed to getopt_long() in dlltools.c:main()
which meant that the -p switch was not recognised. (The
--ext-prefix-alias version was recognised).
The first addition was to add a few more lines to
binutils/testsuite/binutils-all/dlltool.exp which check that the new
switch is not rejected. Note - this is not a proper test of the
switch's functionality. I hope that you might consider submitting a
patch to do that yourself.
The other addition was a line to binutils/NEWS mentioning the new
feature of dlltool.