This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [libiberty] Add ARG_UNUSED as a C++-friendly replacement for ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: bernie at develer dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, ian at wasabisystems dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 15:09:17 -0400
- Subject: Re: [libiberty] Add ARG_UNUSED as a C++-friendly replacement for ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED
- References: <40F1D2BD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
This implementation doesn't address K&R style argument lists, although
that's soon to be a moot point ;-)
I'd also prefer this definition to be right after the ATTRIBUTE_UNUSED
definition, rather than randomly added to the end of the file.
However, I'm not convinced we need this yet. By the time we require a
C++ compiler, 3.4.0 will be old enough to require that version.