This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: as.info built in the source directory?
- From: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- To: bje at au1 dot ibm dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 22:17:31 -0400
- Subject: Re: as.info built in the source directory?
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
IIRC GNU standards require the info files to be part of the source
distribution, so we have to build them in srcdir. However, this does
cause the usual read-only-srcdir problems. Normally, the info files
in cvs should be sufficiently up-to-date such that rebuilding is not
This has been discussed in other projects, with no really good