This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
[patch] Honour SHF_LINK_ORDER
- From: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- To: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 00:35:50 +0100
- Subject: [patch] Honour SHF_LINK_ORDER
- Organization: CodeSourcery
The following patch implements the semantics required by the elf
SHF_LINK_ORDER flag. This specifies that when sections are combined they must
be arranged in the same order as the sections to which they are linked.
I couldn't see any way of implementing this in the generic linker, so
implemented it in the elf linking code. If this can be done "properly" please
point me in the right direction.
This behaviour is required for ARM EABI unwinding tables. I have verified
correct operation using a modified assembler. I'll try to add testcases when
submitting the assembler changes.
AFAICS the only other target that uses SHF_LINK_ORDER is ia64, and this
doesn't rely on the semantics.
Tested on i686-linux and cross to arm-none-elf and ia64-linux.
2003-07-14 Paul Brook <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* elflink.c (elf_get_linked_section_vma, compare_link_order,
elf_fixup_link_order): New functions.
(bfd_elf_final_link): Call elf_fixup_link_order.