This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: BinUtils for kernel
- From: Sorav Bansal <sbansal at stanford dot edu>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:09:53 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: BinUtils for kernel
> > I was wondering if there exist tools to read the kernel image binaries
> > (compiled with -g).
> > binutils commands like addr2line complain about the kernel image being
> > in unrecognized format (understandably)
> Which kernel? What format is it in?
kernel is linux 2.4.18 (distributed with Debian)
"file vmlinuz-2.4.18" gives the following information:
vmlinuz-2.4.18: Linux kernel x86 boot executable RO-rootFS,
root_dev=0x301, Normal VGA