This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: BinUtils for kernel
- From: Sorav Bansal <sbansal at stanford dot edu>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 02:18:23 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: BinUtils for kernel
Thanks a lot! I will try using vmlinux.
On 16 Jul 2004, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> vmlinuz is a compressed Linux kernel. The binutils don't understand
> that format directly. I believe that a normal Linux build will
> provide the corresponding uncompressed kernel as "vmlinux-2.4.18".
> The binutils should understand that file format.
> Adding support for the vmlinuz format would probably be possible, if
> anybody were sufficiently motivated.
If only I were humble, I'd be perfect
- Ted Turner