This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [Patch] / 0 should send SIGFPE not SIGTRAP...
- From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro at linux-mips dot org>
- To: cgd at broadcom dot com
- Cc: binutils at sources dot redhat dot com, ddaney at avtrex dot com,linux-mips at linux-mips dot org, Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips dot org>,Richard Sandiford <rsandifo at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 17:42:42 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: [Patch] / 0 should send SIGFPE not SIGTRAP...
- References: <200406281519.IAA29663@mail-sj1-2.sj.broadcom.com><Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <mailpost.1090246948.15046@news-sj1-1><firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 email@example.com wrote:
> At Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:22:29 +0000 (UTC), "Maciej W. Rozycki" wrote:
> > (this has led to an address shift enlarging the
> > patch significantly, unfortunately).
> maybe add nops to pad, instead?
Well, addresses have been shifted down, so you'd have to remove
something. I suppose the break tests could be moved to the end of file,
but I fail to see an advantage. Test cases that embed addresses in output
patterns are doomed to suffer from such changes.