This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the binutils project.
Re: [patch] msvc demangling binutils
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaron98wiridge9 at aaronwl dot com>
- Cc: Eddy Pronk <epronk at muftor dot com>, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:46:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] msvc demangling binutils
- References: <40D91FA5.firstname.lastname@example.org> <40F69616.email@example.com> <40F7020A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
That doesn't really matter, though, because theres another way to do
this. Eric Pouech emailed me to let me know theres an apparently
undocumented function call in the standard msvcrt, which is definitely
considered to be part of the system, and present for all modern
i686-pc-mingw32 targets, that apparently does the same thing.
I haven't gotten around to messing with this, but when I do, I plan on
submitting a patch.
OK - I will look forward to that, although please remember that if this
feature is only going to be available on particular hosts you will need
to make sure that the configure system is updated so that the code is
only compiled in if the system call is going to be available.